Sunday, August 2, 2009

A note from a happy bride


"The cake was delicious and beautiful!
The sugar flowers were exquisite and the design was beautiful!
Thanks, Faye, for a great cake!" -Sarah



After putting the finishing touches on a cake, I always take a step back to view it and make sure that everything is right and beautiful -- just the way the bride (and groom!) would want their cake. I always hope that they would love it. And after every cake is delivered and the wedding ends, I wonder "Were they happy with their cake? Did they enjoy eating it?"


So it is quite a pleasure to hear from the bride after the wedding. Not only do I appreciate the feedback, I also enjoy listening to the happy voice of the bride as she retells the special moments of her wedding day. To be able to take part in making their wedding memorable is such an honor.

Above is a cake that I made last June and a note from the bride that I'd like to share. The pink sugar lisianthus flowers matched the flower arrangements at her reception and the fondant lace appliques were inspired by the lace on her wedding dress. Iced with fondant, the cake flavors were Classic Vanilla Cake filled with Raspberry Compote.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!