Saturday, January 9, 2010

Orchid Cake and Happy New Year !


Happy New Year everyone!! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday! It's been a while since my last post due to the busy holiday. It was great to have a little break and spend time with family and friends. And now it's back to baking cakes and meeting clients. It's a new year and new projects are lined up. I'm so excited!

To start this year's blog, I'm sharing a cake that was made last week for a wedding held at the Riverdale Manor. The bride and her mom wanted a small pretty wedding cake to crown her dessert table. To match the wedding's color palette of black and ivory, I made a two-tiered cake iced with buttercream and adorned with sugar moth orchids, black fondant ribbon, and delicate swiss dots. The cake was a Golden Grand Marnier Cake filled with Chocolate Buttercream - sweet and yummy!

Below, I'd also like to share the nice comments given by the mother of the bride. Again, happy new year everyone!!

"It was wonderful working with Faye. In the midst of making many decisions, Faye was the calming force that I found refreshing. The cake was lovely and just what we wanted - simple and elegant. The cake was moist and icing delicious. It was a pleasure. Thank you!"
- Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!