Monday, February 22, 2010

Blast from the past


My good friend Chef Ruth of Ruth Drennan Cakes recently shared this old picture from her files and oh my, it brings so many good memories of working in New York City!! And so I just had to post this picture and share it with all of you =)

This was taken at the Bride's Magazine Cakewalk at the Grand Central Station NYC in 2005 (which seems just like yesterday!). It was an event for different cake decorators around the nation to exhibit their amazing works of cake art.

In this picture, we were doing a sugar flower demonstration with Gail Watson of Gail Watson Custom Cakes. That's me in the middle! I have to admit I was a bit nervous to be in front of so many people but what a great experience!! It was a lot of fun and very exciting to meet and talk to other cake decorators. I remember viewing the different cakes and being inspired with the different styles and techniques. Looking at this picture still inspires me to make beautiful cakes and sugar art. And I hope you'll like them too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!