Wednesday, May 12, 2010

3-tier Square Cake With A Sugar Rose

Some days all I think about is cake.  I'll open a magazine, see a dress and think of how one detail can be so pretty on a cake.  It could be an invitation, a flower arrangement, jewelry, or simply a pretty color palette that will strike an inspiration.   Or sometimes, I just want to try something new. 

Yesterday, I woke up with a wedding cake design in my mind.  I had all the stuff I needed so I decided to make a display cake.  After my cup of coffee and breakfast, I started sketching.  And after a few hours of sculpting, icing, and piping sugar, I finished my cake project!  I made a three-tier square cake with a single accent flower.   I used ivory fondant to cover the display cake and applied a white fondant scallop border with black ribbon and sugar pearls around the cake.  Lastly, a large sugar open rose in blush pink was placed in the middle tier corner.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!